What personal information is collected via the website?
When accessing this website, we do not attempt to identify you as a particular user. However, sometimes we do require you to supply personal information in order to provide services that you request. In most cases where we ask you to provide information about yourself, if you do not supply us with that information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested service.
- You may be asked to provide personal information, such as name, contact details, demographic information, medicare and health insurance information so that a quote for anaesthetic fees can be provided to you.
- You may be asked to provide voluntary feedback regarding your experience during your hospital stay. This information is usually used to aid in Continuous Professional Development (CPD). Continuing professional development is compulsory in Australia and New Zealand for registration. The Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) is the body that is charged by the Medical Board of Australia (MBA) to set CPD and practice standards. The feedback form that is used is modeled around ANZCA templates and can be found on the post operative survey link. Only minimal identifying information is mandatory (account number + date of operation + hospital) so that the user can be validated as a previous patient. This is removed from the data sets, and the data is anonymised and pooled prior to any analysis.
- You may also be asked to complete a health questionnaire and this will help guide planning for your anaesthetic.
In providing your personal information, you consent to us collecting, storing and using your personal information in the manner set out above, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information to our related bodies, contractors and employees who may collect, store and use your personal information in the manner set out above.
Only authorised staff who need the information you provide to perform a specific task have access to your information. Staff are required to sign a privacy agreement.
By providing your personal information, you grant Dr Barker-Whittle permission to collect your personal information as specified in this Privacy Statement, or as reasonably apparent at the time of collection, or for the provision of services to you now, or in the future.
Any personal information received by Dr Barker-Whittle or provided by you will be treated in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
When providing personal information via email, please be aware that inherently, email messages can be viewed by other Internet users while in transit. Although this risk is usually quite small, if you have personal or other information to discuss, you may wish to contact our office by phone or mail.
Links to third party websites
This website offer links and some interactive functions that are operated by third parties as a convenience for you. If you choose to use a link or one of these functions, please recognise that this website has no control over the privacy policies and practices of such third parties. If you have any concerns, you are urged to review the privacy terms of those sites.
When you visit our website, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) may record and log the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your computer address (IP address)
- Your top level name (such as .com, .org, .gov, etc.)
- Date and time of your visit
- Pages and documents you access during your visit
- Browser you are using
- Cookies may be used by this site
Website Privacy Query Process
If you have a question regarding website privacy, want to make an access request or if you believe your privacy rights may have been violated, Please contact via the online enquiry form.